Changes to your business
As required by your Merchant Contract, AIBMS must be informed of certain changes in your business. This will ensure that we are funding the correct bank account, that we have up-to-date contact details for statements, letters and deliveries, and that the contacts for your business are up to date.
Change of Legal Entity/Trading name
Some changes in a business may result in a Change of Legal Entity or a Change of Legal Name, such as:
- The business undergoes a change of ownership
- New directors join the company
- Directors leave the company
- The business changes from a sole trader to a limited company
- The business changes from a limited company to a sole trader
- The legal name of the business is changed
If you need to change your trading name or legal entity details, call our Merchant Support Centre who will explain the process and make the necessary changes.
Change of bank details/point of contact
If you move bank accounts or employ a new staff member who is authorised to contact AIBMS to log issues or discuss your account, call the Merchant Support Centre to advise them of the change.
Changes to bank accounts require a Direct Debit Mandate Change. If you need to change your bank details, call our Merchant Support Centre who will explain the process and make the necessary changes.
You must notify AIB Merchant Services of these changes to ensure your business is correctly funded and to prevent issues arising after the change in your business. Some changes may incur an administration fee. Contact our Merchant Support Centre for more information.
If you have a card payment terminal leased from FDGL and your business undergoes a Change of Legal Entity or Change of Legal Name, you must contact FDGL and make them aware of the change.
Closing your account
If you wish to terminate your AIBMS agreement, you are required to give AIBMS a minimum of 30 days written notice as per your Merchant Contract
Following termination of your Merchant Services Agreement, all terminals must be returned immediately, or you may be liable for charges associated with their non-return.
- If you have a terminal provided by AIBMS under a rental arrangement, contact our Merchant Support Centre to arrange return of the terminal.
- If you have a terminal provided by FDGL under a lease agreement, please contact FDGL directly to discuss your termination. Otherwise, you will continue to be debited by FGDL following the termination of your Merchant Services Agreement. Refer to your FDGL lease agreement or contact 00(44) 01268 296720 for more information.
If you are unsure whether your terminal is supplied by AIBMS, contact our Merchant Support Centre who can advise – 1850 200 417 and select Option 1