Before you call the Helpdesk
If your terminal is not working, contact your terminal supplier helpdesk immediately to report the fault (the number can be found on the sticker on your terminal). A representative will try to resolve the issue remotely, or will arrange for a new terminal to be sent to you as quickly as possible.
There are a number of checks that you can make before you call the helpdesk.
Check the troubleshooting section in your Quick Reference Guide.
- Each terminal connects to AIBMS authorisation and processing systems using one of three connectivity types, as selected by you when placing your terminal order. The three types are:
- PSTN (standard telephone line)
- Broadband (standard broadband internet connection)
- GPRS (using a specific mobile phone network)
- A PSTN or broadband connection should not be shared with any other equipment (such as a fax, computer or another phone)
- The telephone line should remain plugged into the terminal and left on at all times (24 hours a day) to ensure you receive authorisation and payment for transactions
- Telephone lines should not have other services enabled, such as message answering, as such services can impair the operation of the terminal
- If you plan to make changes to your phone system or broadband service (for example by installing a switchboard for phones or a firewall for your computer network) you must first check with Terminal Support that the change will be compatible with your terminal in order to avoid issues arising with authorisations or payment processing